The Wallace International (WI) Petrophysical Evaluation Team consists of highly experienced petrophysicists and technicians that deliver cost-effective, timely petrophysical solutions. Our petrophysics staff has over 100 years of combined working experience with major international oil companies where the integration of data and multi-disciplinary asset-teams were the rule and not the exception.
Our Technologists bring to the table the knowledge, skills and ability to do the job right the first time. We will listen, understand and address your needs, any day, at any time.
Wallace International, LLC offer a complete suite of petrophysical analysis services for both Exploration and Production upstream activities. Our methodology for petrophysics includes the integration of all available well data to meet specific technical and business needs of our clients. From estimating physical rock properties using core data with wireline logs to the more complex probabilistic lithology modeling and saturation-height function analysis, WI will meet any challenge.
Wallace International, LLC has at its disposal best-in-class petrophysical analysis software and computing technology. Our core petrophysical applications run on a network PC platform using Microsoft Windows 7 as our operating system. WI utilizes CGG’s POWERLOG petrophysical software for many of our petrophysical projects. All of our Technologists are competent users of RECALL (UNIX) if needed.
- Quick-look evaluations
- Drilling wells or just looking for an 80% solution. Expect 8 hours or less turn-around service after receipt of data. Includes estimates of net pay, porosity, water saturation and a brief summary report.
- Integration of petrophysical data for detailed evaluations
- Includes wireline (open/cased) and MWD log data, routine/special core analysis, DST and production data, formation tester data, mud-logs, lithology logs, gas chromatograph data and deviation surveys.
- Reservoir description projects
- Multi-well evaluations: develop robust petrophysical models to estimate rock and fluid properties for in-place volumetrics, mapping, reservoir simulation and government submission. Lithology, porosity, fluid saturation and permeability are quantified based on core measurements.
- Specialized petrophysical services
- Saturation height function modeling (capillary and bulk volume water based). This useful technique allows users to predict the fluid saturation anywhere in the reservoir.
- Non-Archie water saturation equation development and implementation. Used in reservoirs where clay and its distribution within the reservoir becomes an issue.
- Matrix and fluid permeability modeling and implementation
- Rock mechanical properties modeling and prediction
- Fractional flow prediction utilizes core-based relative permeability and fluid saturation measured data with log-derived scaled petrophysical properties. Wallace-International petrophysicists predict/estimate the fractional flow of reservoir fluids (gas/oil/water) using the Buckley-Leverett method. Comparison of produced water cut, cumulative hydrocarbon recoveries is used to compare the estimated results.
- Unconventional reservoir modeling
- Shale-Gas probabilistic petrophysics modeling that includes: predictions of lithology/mineralogy, porosity and porosity-type, matrix permeability, TOC, TGC and fluid saturation. Most shale plays worked have significant core integration.
- Tight gas sand analysis (For more info download the the Tight Gas Sand PDF)
- Carbonates and highly fractured reservoirs: quantify critical deformation elements that impact the producibility of faulted and fractured reservoirs. Use probabilistic modeling for petrophysical property assessment.
- Petrophysical statistics (summary)
- Net pay, net reservoir summaries: net thickness, Avg. porosity, water saturation, permeability, etc.
- Cutoff sensitivity analysis: quantify hydrocarbon pore volume.