The Wallace International (WI) formation evaluation, Petrophysics, group consists of highly experienced technologists and technicians that deliver cost-effective, scientific petrophysical solutions. Our petrophysics, formation evaluation, staff has over 100 years of combined working experience with major international oil companies where the integration of data and multi-disciplinary asset-teams were the rule and not the exception.
Our Technologists bring to the table the knowledge, skills and ability to do the job right the first time. We will listen, understand and address your needs, any day, at any time.
We offer a complete suite of formation evaluation services for both Exploration and Production upstream activities. Our methodology for petrophysics includes the integration of all necessary well data to meet specific technical and business needs of our clients. From estimating physical rock properties using core data with wireline logs to the more complex probabilistic modeling and saturation-height function analysis, WI will meet any challenge.
Wallace International has at its disposal cutting edge petrophysical software and computing technology. Our core petrophysical applications run on a network PC platform using Microsoft Windows XP and 7 as our operating system. WI utilizes Fugro-Jason’s POWERLOG petrophysical software for most projects. All of our Technologists are competent users of RECALL (UNIX) if needed.
- Quick-look evaluations
- Drilling wells or just looking for an 80% solution. Expect 8 hours or less turn-around service after receipt of data. Includes estimates of net pay, porosity, water saturation and a brief summary report.
- Integration of petrophysical data for detailed evaluations
- Includes wireline (open/cased) and MWD log data, routine/special core analysis, DST and production data, formation tester data, mud-logs, lithology logs, gas chromatograph data and deviation surveys.
- Reservoir description projects
- Multi-well evaluations: develop robust petrophysical models to estimate rock and fluid properties for in-place volumetrics, mapping, reservoir simulation and government submission. Lithology, porosity, fluid saturation and permeability are quantified based on core measurements.
- Specialized petrophysical services
- Saturation height functions (capillary and bulk volume water based), Archie and non-Archie water saturation equation development and implementation, Permeability modeling and implementation, Rock mechanical properties modeling and prediction
- Unconventional reservoir modeling
- Shale-Gas probabilistic petrophysics modeling that includes: predictions of lithology/mineralogy, porosity and porosity-type, TOC, TGC and fluid saturation. Most shale plays worked have significant core integration.
- Tight gas sand analysis (For more info download the the Tight Gas Sand PDF)
- Carbonates and highly fractured reservoirs: quantify critical deformation elements that impact the producibility of faulted and fractured reservoirs. Use probabilistic modeling for petrophysical property assessment.
- Petrophysical statistics (summary)
- Net pay, net reservoir summaries: net thickness, Avg. porosity, water saturation, permeability, etc.
- Cutoff sensitivity analysis: quantify hydrocarbon pore volume.
- Production Log Evaluation
- Flowmeter analysis